Role: Physical Science Teacher – FET
Location: Victory Park, Johannesburg
Job Type: Permanent
De La Salle Holy Cross College is a small South African school embracing diversity and providing a unique educational experience. Our Catholic ethos is central to our Lasallian identity of gratitude and generosity, creativity and fortitude, compassion and commitment. Our College is located in Victory Park, Johannesburg and consists of a co-educational primary school and secondary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution serving the educational needs of the immediate and wider community of Johannesburg.
We require the services of a dynamic candidate to join our High School Faculty.
Teacher: PHYSICAL SCIENCES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals.
Requirements for this position are:
- Registered with SACE.
- Clearance certificate with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register.
- Degree in B.Sc. Physics or Chemistry and a suitable professional qualification from a recognised institution.
- At least 3 years teaching experience up to Grade 12; teaching IEB curriculum preferred. (IEB marking experience would be an advantage)
- The candidate must have a passion for practical work and must be able to generate and embrace new ideas by being open-minded and hardworking.
- Innovative ideas and the flexibility to embrace changes in education and integrate IT into your teaching methods.
- The willingness and ability to form part of a team and to ensure that the academic standard in the department remains at a high standard.
- A willingness to embrace the ethos, values and mission of the College.
- A willingness to lead and participate in the extra-curricular activities of the College.
De La Salle Holy Cross College, Victory Park, reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post.
An application does not automatically entitle the applicant to attend an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and might be expected to do necessary aptitude testing.